The Holy Family Holy Name Early Childhood program provides a foundation that nurtures the child through all stages of development. By nourishing the mind and the senses through a healthy environment, imaginative play, artistic activity, language, verse, song, and storytelling, the HFHN Early Childhood program fosters the development of the whole child, physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. Daily and weekly rhythms help the child feel safe and secure, thus leading to optimal learning.
We are dedicated to providing a nurturing and spiritual environment for our children by teaching them Christian values of loving, sharing, and showing respect for one another. Prayer and faith formation is an integral part of our daily schedule. Our curriculum encourages each child to build his/her self-esteem and appreciate God’s world through structured and interactive learning centers that allow cognitive, language, social, emotional, and physical skills to develop. In addition, each of our early childhood classrooms is equipped with an overhead projection system, a document camera, and an ENO board to enhance classroom instruction.
Our goal at HFHN is to inspire in our students, through word and example, the Gospel message of Jesus Christ in a supportive and caring learning environment where each child is encouraged to strive for academic excellence and grow in faith, knowledge and love.
Preschool Programs…for children 3 or 4 years old by August 31:
• Full-day programs, five days a week: 8:00 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
• Safe, structured, fun, caring, Catholic environment
• Creative, colorful, self-contained facilities
• Supervised by professional educators
• Age-appropriate academics
• Arts & crafts, music & movement
• Games & activities
• Outdoor play, field trips and more!
Note: Children must be fully toilet trained.
Kindergarten…for children 5 years old by August 31
• Full-day program: 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Prayer and faith formation
• Strong academic curriculum, developing 1st Grade readiness and creativity while forming enthusiastic learners!
• Inter-curricular instruction includes arts, crafts, music, movement and more!
• Hands-on activities
• Adjoining Activity and Academic classrooms
Holy Family Holy Name School follows the Diocese of Fall River Curriculum Guidelines